Internal Audit Manager
This role reports into the Head of Governence and Risk, and is responsible for leading audit activities throughout the group in line with the annual audit plan. This will include a wide range of financial, operational and regulatory reviews designed to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems, controls and processes. A positive value-added and solution focused approach will be encouraged which actively demonstrates an understanding of the business.
The Internal Audit Manager will need to be very hands on - you will be managing audits rather than a large team, therefore you will be someone who can use your imitative and take ownership as well as keep constant comms with stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Internal Audit Manager
- Ensuring material business risks are identified, mitigating solutions discussed and agreed with line management with progress monitored to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and achievement of standards or thresholds.
- Assessing, evaluating and promoting compliance with the firm's policies
- Preparing reports summarising the findings including recommendations for improvement in line with best practice.
- Presenting to Executive management as well as the Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee.
Key skills and competencies
- Motivated, Enthusiastic and Hands-on
- Numerical. Logical & Analytical
- Communicates well at all levels
- Commercially focused.
- Professional Finance qualification (e.g. ACA)
- Audit background with varied client exposure
- Demonstrable practical industry / commercial experience.
Eldon Insurance Services Ltd offer a fantastic working environment; the team culture is something we are very proud of as well as the career development that can be offered.
If this looks like a role you would like to apply for, please submit your CV and Kate Groves will be in touch shortly to discuss the next steps.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job