Internal Audit Manager
BMC are delighted to be working in partnership with one of the most recognisable and prestigious employers in the North East. Due to consistent growth and development of the business there is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a newly established risk and internal audit team.
Working for a large national company, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, which includes a car allowance, bonus, as well as a range of other benefits.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Internal Audit, you will be responsible for the delivery of the annual internal audit plan to meet Audit Committee expectations. In addition, you will need to continually develop and evolve the risk and internal audit function.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Head of Risk and Internal Audit with developing and delivering an internal audit strategy which is integrated with the company strategy. Responsibilities include:
- Evolving the internal audit methodology to ensure objectives of all key stakeholders are considered for all audit assignments
- Create an internal audit mapping process to support annual internal audit planning processes
- Developing the risk based internal audit plans to support and add value to the business
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of the internal audit plan. This will involve undertaking reviews around the Group as necessary and ensuring that findings from reviews are accurate, agreed with management and appropriately reported on a timely basis
- Evolving and implementing a robust self-assessment process to gather assurance against basic controls around the Group on an annual basis. This will include devising a process to follow up the self-assessment responses to ensure they are accurate
- Assisting in preparing reports and papers for the Audit Committee
- Identifying best practice and sharing this throughout the company to ensure process improvement and organisation efficiencies
- Maintaining an on-going awareness of current developments in corporate governance affecting the practice of audit and where appropriate devise means of applying them to the company
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all divisions and other Group control functions
The successful candidate will have:
- Three years post qualified experience
- Experience of reviewing and analysing business processes, systems and controls
- An internal audit or accounting background
- Knowledge of audit techniques
- Experience of financial controls, IT controls and business process audits
- Process mapping and documentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Reporting writing skills and good attention to detail
- An ability to source appropriate work
- Travel expectation (c20% of time)
Key Working Relationships
- Finance Teams, including divisional FDs and head office finance
- Regional Chairmen
- Business Process
- Internal Audit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"