An Internal Audit Manager is sought by a leading International NGO. You will have the opportunity to implement risk based audit plans, strengthen internal controls, conduct root cause analysis, and review and evaluate compliance policies and procedures across functions including finance, programme management, HR, IT and Operations.
As such, you will enjoy International travel (circa 25%) and considerable engagement with senior management including the CFO, Regional and Technical Directors, and Operational Management.
Key Internal Audit Manager responsibilities
- Produce a risk based annual internal audit plan
- Quarterly reporting to finance, Audit and the Resource Committee
- Create a root cause analysis of high risk items
- Present findings from internal audit engagements and agree solutions to address these with senior management
- Produce concise reports documenting the findings from audit engagements
- Determine the effectiveness of established internal controls to prevent and/or detect errors and irregularities
- Advise senior management and the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee promptly of serious control breakdowns and support them to find appropriate solutions to address these.
- Manage and support the Internal Auditor
As Internal Audit Manager you will need to be a qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA / CCAB) or a professional auditing qualification.
Prior experience of working within an International organisation (and ideally an NGO) will be highly beneficial, however, prospective candidates currently working within Practice focusing on International NGO clients are also encouraged to apply.
Please apply for further information and a confidential discussion
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
- Third Sector
- Root Cause Analysis
- Risk management
- Not For Profit
- Internal Audit Manager
- International NGO
- Senior Management Engagement