This is a fantastic, low-travel (10% or less) Internal Audit Management role with fantastic prospects at a top-tier Bristol Based Financial Services Group.
This role will enable you to access management at the highest level and have a strategic level of influence on risk and controls within the European organisation. This exposure will give you access to all aspects of the organisation and an unrivalled understanding of the operations internationally.
- The organisation is subject to compliance with prudential and financial conduct regulations; and as a Life Insurance group this extends the scope of our Audits to cover a wider range of processes (including Actuarial and Financial Reporting processes).
- Your role will be to prepare and execution of the annual audit plan for the various companies within the UK, Dublin and Geneva; with a particular focus on control adequacy and control effectiveness reviews.
- This is a great opportunity for a senior auditor who can work independently with a good understanding of IFRS, Solvency II and Market Conduct regulations to shape their role, initiate change and deliver best practice. The role also provides an opportunity to interact with senior stakeholders within the business
- Adopting aRisk based approach; your role will require you to quickly build relationships with the business and external auditors; attend management meetings on behalf of the Head of Audit and assist with the preparation of Audit Committee reports for the companies within the UK and Ireland.
Qualifications & Experience
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Extensive audit and risk management experience (preferably Big 4 training with managerial experience post qualification) with relevant Audit and Risk qualifications.
- Solid understanding of the UK Investment and Insurance regulations including the roles of the PRA and FCA.
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS, Solvency II and Market Conduct regulations.
- ACCA, ACA or CIA qualifications (preferred).
- The position does entail travelling within the UK and Ireland. It is also envisaged that the position may involve annual travelling to South Africa to attend Internal Audit events and training at Head Offices in Cape Town.
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
- Risk Management
- Qualified Chartered Accountant