Internal Audit Manager- Retail/ Commercial Bank
up to £66,000 (plus additional benefits and bonus , including 27 days holiday)
Elite Audit Recruitment is representing an impressive commercial/retail bank which is in an exciting growth phase now has a requirement to hire an Internal Audit Manager for their expanding internal audit department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the bank where they can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career.
Purpose of the role:
- The primary purpose of the role is to scope, plan, and complete, risk-based internal audits across the bank in accordance with the Internal Audit plan.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Scoping, planning, and completing, risk-based internal audits across the bank in accordance with the Internal Audit plan;
- Delivering high quality audit working papers and reports to the Head of Internal Audit for review;
- Providing the Head of Internal Audit with progress updates as required;
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate Internal Auditor(s) in line with the Bank Management Charter to ensure they know what is expected of them, maximise their performance and develop their potential.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports to the Audit Committee and other executive committees;
- Deputising for the Head of Internal Audit as required.
- Deliver one off activities and projects to the outcomes and standards agreed with line manager.
Key Performance Measures
- Delivers internal audits in accordance with the annual Internal Audit plan and the Internal Audit Methodology;
- Effectively manages the work of the Internal Auditor;
- Meets personal development objectives set by the Head of Internal Audit;
- Demonstrates behaviour appropriate to working in a regulated financial service firm;
- Complies with the firm’s policies and procedures, including those relating to conduct in the workplace.
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the role
- Good, broad, practical experience of the scoping, planning, and completion, of risk-based internal audits, covering areas in retail banking such as:
AML & Financial Crime, Asset & Liability management, Bank branch audits, Board Committee effectiveness, Change/Project Management, Commercial Property finance, Compliance function effectiveness, Conduct risk management, Corporate Governance, Credit risk management, Current & Savings account operation, Finance function, HR function, ICAAP/ILAAP/CoRep, ISAs, Liquidity & Funding, Loan/mortgage origination/underwriting/servicing, Market risk, Operational risk, Payments, Product design & financial promotions, Prudential reporting, Prudential risk management, Regulatory reporting, Risk management framework, Treasury function.
- The ability to communicate and work with the bank’s management and staff in a clear, professional, and respectful, manner;
- The ability to write clear and concise internal audit reports in fluent business English;
- Good experience of managing internal audit staff;
- Strong organisational and personal effectiveness skills, including time and project management.
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present confidently and to work effectively with staff and management at all levels
Academic and/or professional qualifications
- Not essential, but qualifications from bodies such as ICAEW, ACCA, CIIA, CISI, ICA, etc. are of some relevance.
Candidates with a breadth of risk based auditing areas as mentioned above ideally from a retail bank or Building Society background will be highly desirable. Please send in your CV to Rachael Terry for more information on this great opportunity.
- Financial Crime
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management