Responsibility for assisting the audit team through all aspects of assigned audits (i.e. planning, execution and reporting), including completing them in accordance with Internal Audit Standards and guidance, and the use of Internal Audit technology tools. Experience would be either external or internal audit, or with Insurance business functions, Risk/Internal controls or Compliance. Candidates will be degree educated, ideally working towards professional exams.
The role is - To deliver, either solo or in a team, high quality, commercially focused audits and advisory reviews that fulfil the audit objectives.
- To assist with planning of audits inclusive of discussion with management in respect of the scope and timing as well as drafting the initial audit program (outlining the key controls to be tested)
- To design and execute audit test-work using a range of techniques such as walkthrough, inspection, and re-performance
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls examined and document the results and evaluations clearly
- Draft appropriate recommendations for rectifying control weaknesses which address the root causes of the problems
- Draft clearly thought through and well assessed findings, presentations or reports for communication with management
- Help the team to develop and foster effective relationships with Management
- To ensure own awareness of and compliance with company procedures and policies
- To assist in producing information and analysis for presentation to the Audit Committee
- To assist in the maintenance of a central Internal Audit Action Log (utilising audit software), including discussion and agreement with management regarding content, wording and classification of items, agreement of actions required and follow-up of action points to completion
- To communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the IA team and audit clients
- To keep abreast of recent and future insurance and internal audit industry developments
- To attend suitable London Market or industry events, bodies or groups
- To obtain regular and constructive feedback from management and auditees as to the performance of the Internal Audit function. Undertake ad hoc audit work as directed
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job