Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organisations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
We're currently looking for an Internal Audit Director to join our Global Internal Audit team in Nottingham. The successful candidate will take on responsibility for delivering the annual audit, lead a team of 5 internal auditors (non IT) and deliver value to the wider Experian business through a wide range of internal audit activities.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive individual who will be enthusiastic about having the scope to build and develop the role in accorandance with the needs of the business.
This is a role that will operate within the Global Internal Function of the Experian Group and report into the Regional Head of Internal Audit.
What is the Internal Audit Director responsible for?
Delivering the Annual Internal Audit Plan
- Deliver the regional audits for UK, EMEA, APAC and DA in the core business audit area (as aside to the IT audit area)
- Responsibility for file reviews / stakeholder management / audit report review and finalization
- Lead a team of 5 business auditors (non IT) as part of a regional audit team, establishing strong people processes in terms of training / development planning / recruitment
- Work alongside your IT audit director peer and with the Regional head of Audit to deliver strong team performance and environment
Deliver value to the wider Experian business through Internal Audit activities
- Provide strong commercial and strategic insight through our audit reports
- Share and deliver process improvement opportunities
- Bring innovative ideas to the Global function to develop and enhance our audit activities
- Proactively engage with global colleagues and drive global engagement and shared global best practices
Contribute to improvements in Experian's risk management framework
- Champion strong risk management processes and support the Experian 3 lines of defence model
- Champion the ongoing development activities of the function
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who is not only a strong and able auditor, but someone who can provide inspiring leadership and build strong and lasting relationships across our business. We want ambitious individuals who strive for the best, who want to add value to a team who are renowned for their high quality work.
In particular we're looking for the following:
- Ability to develop relationships built on trust across the organisation
- Influencing skills and gravitas, so that senior management will buy-in to changes being proposed
- The ability to work independently and proactively
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to governance and change
- A problem solver who proposes innovative solutions
- An approach that champions collaboration and consultation
- Academically strong background with strong technical auditing experience
- Significant post qualified experience (professional services or industry)
- Experience of working in a multinational environment
- Understanding of auditing in a regulated industry
- Relevant professional qualifications (eg ACA; IIA; CISA)
- 'Big 4' and/or internal audit experience desirable