This role can be based throughout the United Kingdom, in any of our RSM offices
This role gives a great opportunity to join the RSM internal audit team - the UK’s leading national provider of internal audit services. You will have the opportunity to work with our household name corporate sector clients and major national not for profit sector organisations.
To deliver leading edge internal audit services for all our clients we depend on the quality of our people. We choose them for their flair, commercial acumen and dynamic approach. Our people work as a cohesive team - with our clients and with each other - because they share our aims and commitment to provide quality business solutions and advice for every one of our clients.
Overall Job Purpose
Manage / Work in an Internal Audit & Controls team in conjunction with Partners/Directors/Senior Managers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of complex technical internal audit programmes, advisory projects, or controls assignments at clients’ sites in accordance with the Firm’s Standards.
Support Partner/Directors/Senior Managers in practice management and business development, including networking events, developing client relationships, and leading on proposals for new business.
- Work as part of a delivery team on Internal Audit, Advisory and Controls projects, as required.
Manage agreed client portfolio delivering a client audit/controls/advisory programme, ensuring that the work is completed to time and budget, providing solutions on any issues as appropriate to the Senior Managers/Director/Partner.
- Develop progress papers and annual reports for clients/Audit Committees prior to Senior Manager/Director/Partner review and sign off.
- Represent the Firm as required, including attendance at client meetings, attendance at networking events and relevant industry group meetings and seminars and other forums as deemed appropriate.
- Where leading a team, ensure the effective development, planning and utilisation of team members in line with the budgets for the business and/or client engagements and monitoring effectiveness and quality of work through robust review processes.
- Deal with day-to-day team matters, including feedback on performance on the job, assisting in PDRs and where relevant the recruitment process, team welfare and H&S.
- Build lasting client relationships developing additional work opportunities at new clients or new work at potential clients.
- Support the Partners/Directors/Senior Managers in practice management initiatives including robust risk management for project, opportunity management and monitoring (including preparing and participating in tender presentations), timely and accurate invoicing, assisting in developing new services, methodologies and innovative solutions.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CMIIA or CIMA or other specialist skills/qualifications.
- Previous experience of working in internal audit. Gained the necessary experience within Internal Audit or controls projects and in advisory/consulting on risk & control, working within not for profit sector or corporate sectors.
- To have excellent technical knowledge of the internal audit process, control requirements such as SOX, individual subjects, and sector issues relevant to your work
- Ability to review and control technical content of work of others to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and Internal Audit Standards
- To provide support as required to team members
- To understand the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet clients’ needs
- Identification and pro-active management of own training and development needs
- Effective use of IT including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, audit and accounting packages, Outlook.
- Maintains and promotes high professional standards of conduct and practice and demonstrates commitment to the Firm’s policies and standards.
- Anticipates the impact of key developments within the relevant client sectors to manage overall commercial risk.
- Applies knowledge of services, industry, markets, and core client base, promoting and co-ordinating additional services provided to clients and targets.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'