Internal Account Manager
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 plus commission, OTE £31,000
Hours: 8am - 5pm or 8:30am - 5.30pm Mon - Fri
My client is seeking an experienced Internal Account Manager to join their team and develop business relationships with current and potential customers by working with the Strategic Account Manager in order to generate sales for the company. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively communicate, either on an individual level or as part of an internal/external partnership, in order to negotiate with the customer and close on business. The role requires the ability to maintain and grow existing business. There is also a need to develop new accounts and build new relationships. The ability to multi task and work within deadlines whilst observing the company's standard operating sales practises is a fundamental key.
- Develop and maintain an effective business relationship with a number of customer accounts with the external Strategic Account Manager
- Qualify the quote / bill of material with the Strategic Account Manager in line with corporate guidelines and work with the marketing departments to determine effective pricing and delivery to ensure the booking of the business
- Undertake daily proactive call out to customers within dedicated branch / region
- Interact with local suppliers for price leveraging
- Utilise the sales tools available to maximise productivity and performance such as but not limited to Customer Dashboard
- Proactively sell to the external customer with the guidance of the Strategic Account Manager
- Comply with all sales processes in relation to standard operating procedures.
- Work effectively with the assigned external Strategic Account Manager in order to maximise customer opportunities and handle any communications received in a professional manner
- Strive to provide a high level of service by being responsive to the customer needs with regards to return of quotes, product availability, lead times and delivery queries as necessary
- Develop effective working relationships with internal departments e.g. Marketing and Credit
- Undertakes regular communication with the line manager and actively prepares for annual and bi-annual appraisals
- Undertakes regular communication with the Strategic Account Manager to discuss account strategy and ensures they are up to date with the latest system changes and all associated business related changes affecting the organisation
- Additional projects or duties as management at times may require
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be experienced within the electronic components industry, working as an internal Account Manager.
- You should have an engaging personality and be self motivated
- Educated to a high standard, preferably with two years relevant sales experience
- Be a self-starter, very focused on achieving the end result
- Clear communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to develop commercial and business acumen
- Highly organised, able to work under pressure and detail orientated
- Able to work under own initiative and as member of a team
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment - Employment Agency