Internal Account Manager
Established in 1881, our client is one of the oldest shoe manufacturers in the UK. They make 50,000 pairs of Goodyear welted construction men’s and women’s footwear for both the domestic and export markets, which includes brands such as Clarks, Toast, Fred Perry, as well as their own brands. They are looking to recruit to help their growing business manage the existing and future demands of domestic and international sales.
Position: Internal Account Manager
Location: Wollaston, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm. Start / End time can be flexible.
Salary: £Competitive, dependant on experience
Benefits: 20 days plus statutory national holidays. Flexible holiday, but some limitations / constraints. Company pension;
About the role:
Reporting directly to Managing Director, the predominant purpose of Internal Sales Executive role is to act as a specific point of contact for new customers (either directly or via a Sales Agent appointed to a region / county), to provide a professional, timely and consistent service. They will need to respond to customer communications in a timely, prompt and polite manner. The Sales Executive must proactively review and monitor existing accounts, either directly or indirectly via the corresponding Sales Agent.
Finally, the Sales Executive will help coordinate their attendance at trade exhibitions and if applicable attend these exhibitions. This coordination will entail but not be limited to helping the local Sales Agents present the new season’s samples, book and arrange their attendance at the trade shoes, as well as contacting existing and prospective new customers before and after the trade shows.
- Maintain and open new customer accounts via telephone, emails and in person
- Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Track all sales leads via identified CRM to make sure they are resolved satisfactorily
- Maintain and update customer contact records
- Process account applications and initial customer orders
- Check quantities of stock and communicate the delivery status / availability to customers
- Communicate with sales team to ensure coordination of logistics / dispatch of product
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- Identify and monitor customer websites associated with customers and periodically review their website to identify appropriateness, accuracy and portrayal of product
- Communicate with customers about their attendance at trade shows via appropriate marketing and promotional material and mediums
- Listen to customer requirements and present their offering appropriately
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
- Create proposal documents as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Sales or sales support experience essential / requisite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer manner
- Ability to understand complex issues and instructions though verbal communication
- Exceptional computer literacy and ability to pick up new software and processing techniques easily
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access
- Experience of CRM software
You may have experience of the following: Internal Sales Executive, Internal Account Manager, Sales Assistant, Sales Advisor, Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Sales Representative, Customer Servia Executive, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Services, Retail Sales, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job