Intermediate Sustainability Engineer
£25,000 - £40,000 per annum
Due to a continued period of success, out client, an award winning Design and Property consultancy, are looking for an exciting and enthusiastic Intermediate Sustainability Engineer to join their rapidly growing Sustainability team, to be based in Suffolk.
Offering Sustainability services to a number of different sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Health, Emergency, Community, Education, Agricultural, Infrastructure, Leisure and Retail, you can be guaranteed a varied workload. The consultancy offer full design and property beneftis including Architecture to Sustainable Design, Building Surveying, Planning, Landscape Architecture and many more, this is a great opportunity to start your career in a multi-disciplined and leading consultancy.
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with a flexible and proactive approach to work and a willingness to share knowledge to thrive in this busy team.
- Ability to confidently attend and lead external design team meetings and workshops, delivering expertise and advice in relation to sustainable building services solutions.
- Ability to calculate energy and CO2savings through sustainable design practices
- Competent IES User - preferably Level 5 Qualified Accredited Energy Assessor.
- Ability to outline Dynamic Simulation Modelling requirements and interpret results
- The successful candidate will be required to deliver reports for clients and so attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills are paramount.
- Degree-qualified and ideally working towards chartered engineer status with at least 2+ years' building energy and building services related experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Delivery of Energy Strategies for new buildings, refurbishments and masterplan developments to achieve compliance with energy and carbon targets.
- Develop environmental strategies and energy solutions for buildings maximising the passive benefits of the architectural solution. Develop sustainable solutions to meet the energy demands of the building.
- Complete SBEM/SAP and EPC calculations
- Delivery of IES thermal models and the output reporting as required including EPC's and engineering design loads, overheating studies, daylight studies and CFD analysis.
Interested? To discuss this position or other roles in the Sustainability sector, then please contact Jack Porter on , or email a copy of your CV to and we will be in touch.
- Sustainability - Engineer - Ipswich - SAP - SBEM -EPC -DEC - Colchester - Suffolk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job