Intermediate / Senior Estimator
Your new company
A leading Contractor / Developer based close to Deeside are looking for an Estimator, preferable at Senior level however intermediate candidate will also be considered. This role will see you involved with contracts from £0.5 - £20m in value, across a spectrum of procurement routes that includes design & build, traditional, partnering and public sector frameworks.
Your new role
You will manage and support the pre-construction team in preparing tenders to secure projects, in particular negotiated design and build tenders for both new build and refurbishment projects including liaising with Planners, Design Managers, Consultants and Supply Chain to deliver innovative solutions. Main responsibilities of the role
- Prepare accurate and competitive estimates and cost plans;
- Utilise, interpret and represent benchmark data;
- Assess tender documentation, requirements and report findings to team;
- Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor;
- Full working knowledge of estimating software systems;
- Ensure risk is identified and managed;
- Influence and support team members to innovate and achieve optimum solutions;
- Effectively communicate bid strategy and solutions to construction team;
- Obtain feedback from construction team and utilise;
- Seek opportunities to learn about changes and innovations in the industry;
- Identify the customer and understand their needs;
- Build effective relationships to establish two way dialogue with customers and suppliers;
- Seek to establish professional trust and mutual respect with customers and suppliers;
- Endeavour to maintain relationships into the future with customers and suppliers;
- Influence and support suppliers to innovate and achieve optimum solutions;
- Involvement in the adjudication process;
- Attend post tender negotiation with a view to taking the responsibilities;
- Prepare submission documents;
- Develop tender strategies;
- Support the development of Assistant and Trainee Estimators.
What you'll need to succeed
You are proficient using computerised estimating software, creating Excel reports and cost plans. You have an understanding of construction technology and innovative techniques and have a proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising on safety and quality. You have a strong understanding of all commercial aspects of tendering and are highly motivated and driven to succeed.
What you'll get in return
Salary, Package and bonus are negotiable in order to bring the right level of candidate into this business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.