We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Architectural Technician to join an established practice based in Slough. This is an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Architectural Technician to work on an all-encompassing role which will involve organising and investigating technical information for use during the development of the project design. The ideal candidate will be involved with application of technology to Architecture, Building Design and Construction, this requires a specialist skillset enabling an individual to use technical knowledge and skills to provide innovative solutions to clients.
The Intermediate Architectural Technician will be working closely with Architects and Designers, which will form a link between the concept design and completed construction. The Intermediate Architectural Technician will be working under the direction of a partner or other senior members within the practice.
The Intermediate Architectural Technician will ideally be working towards chartered status, however this is not essential, the individual should also have the ability to complete excellent freehand drawings. It is important all applicants have the ability to visualise objects in 3D and always think with a creative mind and excellent eye for detail.
Intermediate Architectural Technician Position Overview
- collating and organising technical information.
- investigate technical information and factors that affect developments, including user needs, site and building surveys and regulatory requirements.
- understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset;
- evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues;
- assess what surveys (e.g. land surveys) are required before work can commence and ensure such surveys are undertaken and their results fed into the project;
Intermediate Architectural Technician Position Requirements
- be good at freehand drawing.
- be able to visualise objects in three dimensions.
- have computer skills.
- have mathematical skills for making technical and financial calculations.
Intermediate Architectural Technician Position Remuneration
- Salary: £30,000
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job