An expanding design company based in Thames Ditton currently have an exciting new opportunity for an interior designer to join their team.
The company are expanding their interior design services and are looking for a passionate designer with a background in interior design (not architecture) and a keen eye for detail.
The Interior Designer role is a great opportunity to join an expanding and ambitious company with plenty of scope for progression.
The skills and experience for the Interior Designer role are as follows:-
- FF&E experience
- Ability to produce plans and layouts
- Ability to take site measurements and advise on proportions
- Knowledge of fabrics, furnishings and materials
- Proficient in SketchUp or AutoCad
- Possess a portfolio of previous work demonstrating creativity and attention to detail
- Experience designing custom furniture and joinery
- Confident in taking ownership of a project through all stages, from concept and costing/quotations through to completion
- Well presented with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Highly organised, efficient and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Industry contacts or an existing client base would be an advantage
- Generating and developing design concepts
- Delivering interior design solutions to client budgets - including
- Mood boards, schedules, drawings and specifications
- Advising on space planning, technical specifications, layout and utilisation of furnishings
- Advising on colour schemes, fabrics, wallpapers, carpets, fittings and furniture
- Calculating material requirements, costs and preparing quotations
- Sourcing fabric and materials and finding new suppliers
- Liaising with clients and in-house craftsmen
- Managing existing client relationships as well as finding new clients
- Keeping up to date and researching latest design trends and developments
About the company
We are an expanding design business specialising in bespoke furniture manufacturing and interiors. The business is based in Thames Ditton, where we have an in-house production and manufacturing team. We provide luxurious furniture and design services for a range of project types, including residential and commercial. Our client base includes property developers, private clients and other interior design firms. We work on high-end prime properties nationwide with a large concentration of clients in and around London and Surrey.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this positions and you have the skills required please attach your CV to the link provided and the hiring company will be in direct contact.