Main Goals and Objectives
Deliver Console single parts and assemblies to meet the requirements of the Project Description Brochure. Responsible for developing and/or validating the designs of associated parts in order to achieve the cost, weight, timing and quality targets of the project. Achieve engineering signoff for systems and components in area of responsibility.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Support design development, requiring: -
* An awareness of design and development techniques and technology in passenger vehicle interior construction (Injection moulding, casting, machining, leather trimming and veneering).
* Ability to capture and specify the design requirements of Interiors.
* Awareness of the Engineering test & validation planning and sign off for systems and components in Interiors.
* Awareness of Engineering release and change management process.
2. Model and Drawing Construction and Interrogation
The ability to use Catia V5 to create, interrogate, check and release models and drawings of Interior components and assemblies.
3. Problem Solving
Ability to solve simple engineering and design related problems. Analysis and management of individual design related issues to identify the root cause. Collect data, manage data and analyse data to produce reports as appropriate and present as required.
4. Ability to work within a team
Able to work effectively in the local team. Awareness of own contribution in delivering team objectives.
5. Ability to communicate effectively.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.