We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Interim Warehouse Shift Manager who has career progression and achievement as their main goals.
My client is a multi-national third party logistics provider who is currently looking for an Interim Warehouse Shift Manager to join their expanding team in Alfreton. The in-house contract that the successful candidate will be employed upon has just undergone a seven year extension, thus providing long-term stability and security.
The successful Interim Warehouse Shift Manager will be responsible for a team of up to 30 colleagues across a variety of morning and afternoon shifts. You will be reporting on a daily basis into a Shift Operations Manager, but you will need to have further relationships with key stakeholders in transport; despatch and HR to conduct your daily duties.
You will be accountable for the following general areas/responsibilities:
- Achievements of key performance KPI's
- Assist in team development and supporting a culture of change.
- Help mentor and develop a full team training plan in conjunction with the on-site training time.
- Help motivate a close-knit team in a continuous improvement environment.
- Plan and control the allocated resources effectively within the team.
- Conduct various HR and back-to-work meetings.
- Work in conjunction with the on-site Union to develop performance.
As a Interim Warehouse Shift Manager you will be required to have prior hands-on experience within the industry. You will be seen as a person who wants to develop change and help move towards the senior levels of management within logistics. Additionally you will desirably have the following skills and the ability to commute to Alfreton area.
- Ideally degree level of education (BA,BSc,BEng)
- Experience managing upwards of 20 employees in a logistics environment.
- Ability to commute within the wider Alfreton area.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- History of continuous improvement - Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Management.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'