The Interim Tax Accountant assists the Senior Manager Corporate Tax to oversee, perform and monitor direct and indirect taxation processes and preparation of taxation returns and reporting for the EMEA business. Relevant taxation areas include Corporate Income Taxes, Transfer Pricing, VAT and Employment taxes.
My client is a leading global asset management business with a range of specialist investment sectors. Their offices are based in a prime location in Edinburgh City centre.
The Interim Tax Accountant role assists the Taxation Manager EMEA with, and also manages aspects of the below tasks to ensure the following is completed within agreed timeframes, to a high standard and in accordance with legal, regulatory and professional standards:
- Assistance with the Corporate, VAT and Employment Tax filings across the EMEA region including liaison with professional advisors, ensuring all deadlines for submission and payment are met.
- Assistance with all tax reporting requirements, including, reviewing the General Ledger, preparing monthly tax accruals, preparation of disclosures for inclusion in Statutory accounts to ensure the validity and completeness of the financial information.
- Responsibility for maintaining tax records for UK and other business entities as required, including continental Europe, The United States and the Middle East.
- Assistance with the response to HMRC enquiries.
- Development of and advising on tax compliance policy.
- Continuously improve quality, content and efficiency of reporting to better meet business needs.
- Monitoring of staff travel between different jurisdictions.
- Contribute to the organisation's projects and activities as required.
- You may be required travel to other business locations.
- You may be required to undertake additional or other duties as requested.
The Interim Tax Accountant must be able to, and continue to be able to, demonstrate continuing competence in accordance with the FCA's Training & Competence regime.
- CTA, ATT, ICAS, ACCA or similar qualification preferred.
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet reporting deadlines and manage peak workloads.
- Strong technical tax and accounting skills including a good understanding of UK taxation requirements and reporting under UK GAAP/IFRS preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of important issues within both the Asset Management industry as a whole, and other areas of the business.
- Financial Services experience preferable, but not required
- Active desire to build business acumen and career progression.
- Good communication skills to enable successful interactions with direct report/s, colleagues in the broader Finance team, other business units and external parties.
- Ability to multi-task, respond to new tasks in an organised way, meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to embrace change. Ability to self-start
- Enthusiasm for personal and team member development.
A competitive, pro-rata'd salary dependent on experience along with company benefits for the duration of the Interim role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job