Interim Stores & Logistics Manager
Interim Stores & Logistics Manager - Essex
Duration 3 to 4 months
An Interim Stores and Logistics Manager is required for this manufacturer of precision machined components. As a business going through a period of transition they are now looking for a professional Stores & Logistics Manager who has a thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing methods, including 5S and continuous improvement techniques gained working within a AS9100 environment.
To be considered for the position of Interim Stores & Logistics Manager, you will:
- Have a significant record of success implementing best practice, processes and procedures to optimise stores, inventory and logistic functions and be able to hit the ground running making an impact from day one
- Be able to clearly demonstrate experience of introducing, implementing and sustaining an effective stores and logistic operation
- Be recognised as an inspirational leader with the ability to manage, coach and develop a team of stores, warehousing and logistics staff
- Have introduced visual management systems with simple easily understood KPIs that will deliver metrics to achieve and hit departmental objectives
- Have experience of operating within an AS9100 quality-controlled environment with an understanding of aerospace quality and business management systems
- Ensure that personnel are used effectively and flexibly in line with manpower planning, business demands and targets
- Be commercially aware with a strong analytical ability and good understanding of operating and working with modern MRP/ERP systems
- Have excellent communication skills with the credibility to develop robust working relationships internally with staff, other departments and externally with suppliers
- Have a clear understanding of how to develop an effective stores and logistics function in a fast-paced medium volume precision machining environment.
Qualifications for this Interim Stores and Logistics Manager will be to HNC/HND or Degree level with at least 5 years' experience working within a modern advanced machining environment. This will be a highly visible role that will report into a Supply Chain Manager and take responsibility for a busy department with a demanding workload.
- precision components
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'