We have an opportunity for a Production Supervisor to take up an interim position to cover for long term sickness absence and this role is for up to 12 months.
The position of Production Supervisor is currently located in Taunton and will be moving in April or May to Bridgwater. Please only apply if you are prepared and able to work in these locations.
As Production Supervisor you will take on overall responsibility for:
• The internal production operation
• Scheduling, coordinating, and executing daily tasks in line with the production schedule
• Implementing recovery plans as required to ensure any issues are resolved without having detrimental impacts on the production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities – Machine Builds
• Line Management Responsibility
• Proven ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve results.
• Effectively communicate production targets and KPI’s
• Take full responsibility for workforce and resource planning.
• Manage the recruitment and selection process
• Take a lead role in customer visits
• Production Efficiency and Cost Reduction
• Full accountability over waste management, labour costs, production output, machine availability, general maintenance, stepped capacity increases
• Cement a culture of continuous improvement across production cells
• Construction of mechanical systems and equipment to concise engineering drawings and production timescales
• Fault-finding and diagnostics of mechanical equipment.
• To adhere to the company policies and procedures.
• Work area cleanliness and tidiness
• Performing demonstrations, as required
• Installation of systems and equipment at customer locations, worldwide.
• Perform installation, commissioning and service duties as required, on or off-site, international or offshore
The Production Supervisor will
• Have a mechanical fitting background and will lead the production build team, taking full line management responsibility.
• Be able to demonstrate they can work and communicate effectively to all levels within the organization, up to and including board directors.
• Be reporting directly to the Operations Director and so the candidate is required to take a lead role in communicating key facts and KPI’s directly from the production lines to the wider business, promoting effective team work across all disciplines.
Skills and Attributes
For the role of Production Supervisor you will be educated to HNC / HND level and be able to:
• Demonstrate proven experience within a manufacturing environment and a line management capacity
• Lead and make decisions
• Persuade and influence at all levels
• Analyse and report data effectively
• Demonstrate excellent planning and organisation skills
• Adapt and respond to change
• Achieve objectives and exceed expectations
Applicants must have a full UK driving license
For the role of Production Supervisor you will work 40 hours per week, Mon to Fri 08.30 – 17.00 with half an hour for lunch. There is a salary on offer of circa £30,000 per annum, pro rata. Benefits include 20 days holiday rising to 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and auto-enrolment pension.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Production supervisor, mechanical, engineering, scheduling, manufacturing,
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job