A Surrey based public sector organisation is looking to appoint an experienced procurement professional to join them for a period of 3 months. Working as p[art of a dedicated team, you will take responsibility for strengthening procurement practices across a range of goods and services categories whilst ensuring good practice is maintained. On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and updating procurement procedures, including framework activity
- Implementing updated compliance controls for suppliers
- Reviewing existing suppliers and associated spend
- Working with internal stakeholders to review current contracts
- Ensuring public sector procurement regulations are being adhered to
- Creating a procurement toolbox for ongoing use when tendering for goods and services.
You will be a hands on procurement professional who has strong experience working within the public sector as well as a working knowledge of PCR 2015 regulations as well as other public sector processes. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills are also a key requirement for the role.