A Local Authority in the South Yorkshire are currently looking for an interim Procurement Manager for a period of 3-6 months. You will be working for a Local Authority that are recognised as one of the best performing councils in the country, and provide a number of services to over 200,000 people
Key responsibilities of a Procurement Manager are:
- Mentoring and developing junior staff
- Excellent Supplier Relationship Management. Being able to manage current suppliers, introducing new suppliers and building long term relationships to enable continuous improvement
- Be a part of new contract negotiations
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Providing commissioning support
- Developing and implementing category management
- Business case development
- Managing a number of procurement projects
- Lead investigation on commercial models
- Lead development of category plans
- Support effective mobilisation of contracts
- Supplier & spend analysis and performance reports
The successful applicant will:
- Be MCIPS (or working towards), Prince2 Qualified or qualified by experience
- Have a proven track record in improving procurement delivery and perception within an organisation
- Have advanced Microsoft Office knowledge
- Have excellent internal and external communication skills
- Have the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneouslyThis is an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to work with a large Local Authority in South Yorkshire. This role offers attractive rates, longevity and is a fantastic challenge.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job