Our client is seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced Principal Educational Psychologist to lead its small and friendly Educational Psychology Service. The Educational Psychology Service (EPS) is highly respected and works closely with the LA, schools and education settings in all aspects of its work with children and young people with SEND. Recently the EPS has also been commissioned to provide support for children and young people with emotional and mental health needs.
The Principal Educational Psychologist plays a vital role in decision making for individual children and young people and for developing the range of services offered by psychologists.
- provide leadership and management of the Educational Psychology Service covering 5 maingrade EP's, 1 senior EP and SEN advisory teachers, working with education settings to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability(SEND) and their families
- be a member of the wider Access and Inclusion Management team
- lead projects to support implementation of the SEND strategic plan.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- understands the changing education landscape and the importance of a sustainable business model for psychology services
- has significant experience within a Local Authority setting at senior level
- is HCPC registered with a Psychology at degree level and Educational Psychology Professional Qualification at Master or Doctorate level
- has experience of budget and staff management
- can work flexibly in a team environment.
This contract is available to start immediately and will be for this Summer Term and possibly beyond and would suite someone seeking 3 or 4 days per week.
- Educational Psychology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job