Our client is an established global manufacturer of automotive and industrial equipment, both for the original equipment market and the aftermarket. They are a €700m T/O company with 29 plants and 4,000 employees. They are currently seeking a Plant Controller in Zaragoza, Spain.
Main purpose of the job
The Plant Controller is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the Financial department and the various systems within that department. The Plant Controller will maintain knowledge of all financial and inventory details and provide information, primarily financial in nature, about all facility activities that will assist operations and leadership teams in making appropriate financial decisions about the operation.
Scope of the job
The Plant Controller serves as the finance business partner to the Plant Manager and the leadership team of the assigned Plant. In this role, the Plant Controller manages the Plant Finance team and is responsible for all Plant related financial matters.
Key areas of responsibilities and accountability
Oversees internal and external reporting and compliance for the Plant
Prepares reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations
Provides direction to operations and leadership teams in pursuit of business goals and objectives
Establishes strong relationship with financial peers across the division and support teams within the Plant
Builds organizational capability within the finance function at the Plant
Ensures inventory control and accuracy, and work closely with the Materials group to organize and conduct the annual Physical Inventory and cycle counting initiatives
Leads and coordinate the profit planning process at the plant level
Analyzes plant monthly financial results and prepare commentary for divisional personnel
Provides analysis and support of plant manufacturing and administrative activities to meet profit plan goals, commitments and time lines
Establishes and implement accounting policies and procedures that safeguard the company assets
Assesses, select, and develop talent
Establishes a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement within the corporation. Structure and establish goals and objectives for the plant finance organization which aligns to plant/operational goals as well as finance functional goals
As a member of the leadership team, helps establishing overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations consistent with the company values and philosophy
Fosters an environment which promotes company goals, values and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
As a member of the leadership team, embraces Corporate, Group, and Divisional initiatives.
Deploys lean techniques & other cost reduction activities throughout the organization.
Position in the organization
This position reports to the Division Controller (Member of the Division Management Team), who reports to the Chief Financial Officer (Member of the Group Board) and functionally to the Division Director. The position reports functionally to the Plant Director or Managing Director. Direct reports: Financial Accountant, AP Clerks and AR Clerks.
Requirements (competencies, skills, experience)
- Leading and Supervising
- Sets appropriate standards of behavior
- Delegates work appropriately and fairly
- Motivates and empowers others
- Recruits staff of a high caliber
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
- Persuading and Influencing
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Speaks clearly and fluently
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
- Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence
- Projects credibility
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Follows procedures and policies
- Keeps to schedules
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
- Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary
- Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and makes use of developmental or training opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze, and interpret financial and operations data/reports
- Working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and pronouncements of external regulatory bodies, such as Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, etc.
- Highly skilled in Excel
- ERP and business process knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of corporate financial policies, procedures and systems
- Knowledge of company’s Corporate, Division and Plant reporting policy and structure
- 5-10 years of professional experience in accounting and financial analysis including experience in a manufacturing environment and proficiency with financial accounting systems MBA, CPA, or CMA
Industry: Automotive / Manufacturing
Location: Zaragoza, Spain.
Contract type: Min. 6 Months Interim