The main purpose of the assignment is to aid managerial planning and commercial decision-making tasks by providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related accounts administration.
• Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
• Produce monthly and quarterly management reports for a variety of small companies, this includes but is not limited to calculating payments, accruals, accrued/deferred costs/revenue, HP, Corporation Tax, posting wages journals
• For some clients complete bookkeeping tasks
• Produce annual statutory accounts in management accounts format
• Reconcile VAT liabilities and file VAT returns
• P+L commentary and variance analysis
• Report on Company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations
• Analyse financial performance and making longer term forecasts
• Work with the accounts team to help make financial decisions
• Deal with day to day queries from clients on various aspects of their management accounts
• Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
• Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
• Look after external auditors as and when required
This position would suit someone who has previous experience working within a similar role from, preferably from with in a Practice, how ever this is not essential. You must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For more information, please contact Kirsty Fagan on 0118 9596677.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job