Brewster Pratap is currently working with a growing business near Huddersfield to recruit an interim Management Accountant. This role will be to start April 2018
Reporting to the Finance Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation & review of monthly management accounts, including profit and loss, balance sheet, variance analysis, KPIs and commentaries.
- Interpretation and communication of financial data to relevant directors, department heads and managers.
- Month-end accounts journals and control account reconciliations.
- Review of cash flow management with individual business heads to ensure that cash flow is maximised in the relevant businesses.
- Reconciliation of purchase ledger to the control account and invoice register on a weekly basis.
- Reconciliation of cash books ensuring there are no balancing items.
- Income reconciliations agreeing to the profit and loss accounts.
- Provide support to the credit control team in the preparation of collection reconciliations.
- Calculation and preparation of quarterly VAT Returns.
- Preparation of year end analysis and support to the audit process.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as and when required by the Finance Team.
- Have an all round understanding of the department to provide assistance and support wherever needed.
- Provide support to other team members as necessary to maintain even workload across department
- Identifying potential process improvements and implementing changes agreed with the Finance Manager or department head
You will ideally be a qualified accountant CIMA/ACA/ACCA and have at least 2 years experience incorporating analysis and problem solving principles. preferably in a larger or complex business. Experience in financial reporting and extensive Excel skills would be advantageous.
Please get in touch ASAP for more details.
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
- Interim Management Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job