A Local Authority currently have a need for an Interim Management Accountant to work within there Traded Company. The trading company is responsible for waste services, facilities management for the housing division, green spaces management, libraries provision as well as the housing development and investment.
Main Duties & responsibilities
- Assist in production of monthly management accounts.
- Ensure integrity of ledger, including journal postings.
- Provide financial support and advice to budget holders and other non financial staff.
- Assist in year end procedures, including production of accruals, preparation of working papers, and liaising with auditors and other stakeholders.
- Produce business case reviews and modelling of service changes.
- Bank reconciliations, VAT and CIS returns a sales ledger management.
- Assist group accountant.
- Other roles as required.
- Recently qualified accountant, or part qualified accountant with suitable experience.
- Able to use Excel to intermediate level and an ability to understand general ledger system structure and reporting
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to support, assist, and communicate clearly with non finance staff.
- Proactive, with a positive attitude, and a sense of ownership of tasks.
- Management Accounts