Sellick Partnership have recently been engaged to recruit an Interim Management Accountant for a newly formed service business based in Lancashire. The organisation that we're assisting have made an instant impact on the market and are already generating a fantastic return on investment. Initially to cover an internal promotion (and with a good chance of extending) the interim will be joining a close knit finance team that has recently gone through a period of expansion. This position provides the candidate with the opportunity to move into a highly commercial, business facing role that delivers high level exposure and information to senior internal stakeholders.
Reporting directly into the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be part of a close knit team with responsibility for the below duties:
Other key accountabilities will include:-
- Lead on all aspects of budgeting and forecasting
- Production of in-depth service analysis to gain maximum return on investment
- Modelling and high level analysis of all forecasts and budgets
- Proactively challenge and review all existing forecasts and budgets
- Production of high quality financial information to the wider business
- Delivery of MI focussing on specific business performance and project status for key stakeholders
- Advise on all aspects of financial management optimisation
- Develop improvements relating to data flows, data integrity and data usability
- Adapt data flows to enable information to be more accurately analysed
- Assist with the management and delivery of the organisational business plan
- Assist with the production of the management accounts
Candidates wishing to apply for the role will either be a part qualified or qualified CCAB Qualified Accountant with a strong academic record. Candidates will have a proven background of delivering a robust budgeting and forecasting process and will also have strong analytical bias to their experience. Having the ability to improve on existing processes and implement new working practices is critical to this position. The ability to communicate it with key stakeholders and deliver management information across the group is a further pre-requisite of this role. Due to the timescale pressures of this role candidates will need to be available at short notice and commit for the longevity of the contract.