Altra Executives are currently working with a Market leading Media company based in London. They are currently looking for a strong Management Accountant for an ongoing contract to start ASAP. There is a possibility to go permanent.
To provide financial information, management accounting and analytical support to the Finance Team, Senior Management and the Print Circulation team (including Subscriptions and Print Marketing) This role requires a robust approach to management accounting to ensure high quality analysis.
To provide commercial support to the print Circulation areas of the business - relating to weekly and monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting, that is driven from a KPI base, has a clear narrative, challenges and informs short term, tactical and strategic thinking.
To influence and challenge stakeholders on their plans and execution of their plans in order to drive efficient use of budget.
Work closely with the Circulation and Marketing team to ensure financial information is aligned.
Specific requirements / skills;
- Sole responsibility for the creation and up-keep of detailed budgets and reforecasts for the specific areas of responsibility, ensuring that details are accurate and are ready to review with commercial or finance stakeholders at short notice.
- Support the Finance Manager in regular planning, budgeting, forecasting and review processes in order to keep all relevant stakeholders engaged and up to date on performance and future plans
- Understand and challenge the underlying planning assumptions that support all budgets and forecasts and highlight any concerns with the Finance Manager
- Ensure forecasting processes are accurate and streamlined, in addition to keeping key relevant stakeholders involved.
- Provide Weekly Flash forecast reporting and variance analysis.
- Prepare and review the departmental management accounting information and associated reports ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the information. (Overall process should take 5 days - there is a strict timetable which must be adhered to.)
- Review all transactions in a month for reasonableness, follow up discrepancies and investigate budget variances
- Ad hoc financial reporting as required.
- Work closely with finance colleagues to share best practice and align priorities.
- Provide ad hoc support to all areas of finance as and when necessary.
- Self- starter / proactive
- Management Accounts background with commercial focus, preferably Publishing and/or FMCG / dynamic environment
- 'Super Modeller - advanced Excel knowledge - Not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job