Interim Inventory and Demand Planner
This is a brand new, and exciting opportunity to join a growing business within the Sheffield area. With plans to move to a larger site towards the end of the year, they are looking at strengthening their workforce by hiring a number of specialists within purchasing and supply chain.
I'm currently working exclusively with this Sheffield based client to recruit multiple roles, which will support the growth of the business. With plans to move to a larger site later this year, they are looking at recruiting a number of skilled professionals to strengthen their supply chain function. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Inventory & Demand Planner to join a business who are willing to invest time into their people by offering training and development.
As the Inventory & Demand Planner you will be responsible for the following;
- Using various forecasting techniques to manage a vast range of products to maximise availability whilst optimising inventory throughout the warehousing and branch network
- Understand seasonal trends and promotional activity and apply to the forecast to ensure stock is ordered effectively
- Measure and improve supplier performance and escalate issues to key stakeholders
- Manage and Monitor the stock replenishment (execution and follow-up)
- Extensive statistical reporting within a KPI dashboard
- Play a key role in future system, departmental and operational developments
- Close liaison with suppliers, customers & the procurement team
- Working closely with value streams to develop & maintain material replenishment systems, flow improvements and visual ordering triggers
- Generate & update daily/weekly reporting & identify trends requiring action
The successful candidate for the Inventory & Demand Planner will ideally have the following key skills and qualifications;
- Immediately available
- Very good numerical and analytic skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Ability to chase and deliver operational results
- Good PC skills on Microsoft Applications like Excel, Access, Outlook
- Experience in demand forecasting and materials planning is an advantage
- Previous experience in similar position within a continuous improvement environment.
- Analytic approach to work & experience identifying areas for improvement
£20,000 - £25,000
3 month interim contract
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'