An Internal Communications Lead is sought to work on a new culture programme for Transport for London. This is a critical role during an intense period of complex transformation affecting every area of TfL, and will be key to embedding a new culture that will underpin a world-class service for our customers delivered by a more efficient and diverse organisation. Based in central London, the contract is to start ASAP, initially for 6 months.
You will be engaging and communicating with all TfL employees on our new culture, a critical factor in ensuring successful transformation and one of TfL leadership's key priorities. This will include taking the lead in designing and delivering consistent communications and engagement activities across all parts of TfL. Specifically you will be working to an agency model; providing strategic communications to support the delivery of the different projects across the programme. Other duties will include:
- Providing strategic guidance, planning and project management and communications delivery (using a range of face-to-face, digital and print channels)
- Creating and delivering a stakeholder management plan, to provide the necessary buy-in from those involved in making the programme a success
- Delivery of programmes, including, content, newsletters, web pages
- Communicating to all levels of seniority
You will be an experienced and proactive communications professional who has a track record working of change communications within a programme environment, and who can demonstrate:
- A thorough understanding of employee communications, in particular employee engagement and managing a change agenda
- Experience within a programme environment
- Extensive knowledge of effective communications and engagement strategies across the full range of face-to-face, digital (including social media), print and broadcast communication channels
- Experience of working on employee valuation propositions
- A solid grasp of working in complex organisations and an appreciation for business and operational issues in a customer-facing environment
- Experience of previously planning and delivering culture change programmes
- Excellent senior stakeholder engagement skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.