Interim Internal Comms Manager, 6 month contract - Leatherhead, Surrey
£32,000 - £42,000 pro rata
Bluetree are working on behalf of a popular charity who are looking to hire an Internal Communications Manager who will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing the internal communications strategy. You will be working closely and collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure an integrated approach to communications and engagement.
The Internal Communications Manager will work closely with the Head of Communications, Communications and Engagement Manager and Digital Engagement Manager as well as the senior management team and HR colleagues to develop internal audience engagement and support colleagues across the charity to successfully communicate within their team and across teams.
Work with colleagues from across the organisation to develop, manage and deliver our internal engagement and communications strategy to deliver our business goals and objectives ensuring that planned activities are aligned with corporate messages and initiatives.
Work collaboratively with the senior management team and managers from across the organisation on internal engagement and communications plans and initiatives to deliver our organisational objectives aligned with the corporate strategy.
Work closely with communications colleagues and contribute to the development of the corporate communications and marketing strategy ensuring that the implementation and integration of internal/external communications are aligned.
Help build a culture where two-way internal communications is fundamental and integral to the success of the organisation in meeting its objectives and where all employees view communications as a shared responsibility
Plan, project manage and develop the new Intranet, working with the Head of Communications and Chief Information Officer to ensure the Intranet meets our objectives, is delivered on time and within budget, and meets the KPIs.
Manage the Intranet working with colleagues from across the organisation ensuring the content is updated, created, aligned with our organisational messages, and engages our internal audience. Produce content in a range of formats including video, working closely with the Digital Engagement Manager.
Work closely with HR colleagues to ensure employee engagement, recognition and retention is developed and improved, and that internal engagement opportunities are maximised.
Skill Set & Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable negotiation, influencing, networking, presentation and diplomacy skills.
- Demonstrable ability to motivate self and others and secure the co-operation and involvement of key internal stakeholders.
- Ability to assimilate complex written and financial information quickly and accurately.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office packages, Intranet management and database systems.
- Knowledge of the internal communications and the trends, opportunities and issues for internal communications professionals.
- Budget management and good numeracy skills.
- Experience working in a fundraising charity.
- Experience of developing internal audience/employee understanding and taking a strategic approach to internal communications
- Experience working within communications at a charity/organisation at a senior level
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities and co-coordinating multiple tasks in a highly pressurised environment.
Not for you but you know someone suitable? Bluetree offers a referral fee.
Bluetree Recruits Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Bluetree Recruits is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Internal Communications
- Employee Engagement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job