Our client is an global energy provider who are recruiting for a temporary Internal Auditor. They are open to a career interim's or a newly qualified ACA auditor who would like to take their first step into industry.
Our client is involved in the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy on a truly global scale. They have a workforce of nearly 100,000 employees and operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, they serve millions of customers around the world. As a business they are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help them shape the face of energy for the future.
This company's risk environment has changed rapidly over the last year, and the way it responds to these significant risks is evolving. In Internal Audit your role will be to provide assurance over the management of these risks, identify actions for improvement, and report on these to senior executives and the Board.
- Key accountability's for this role are:
- Planning audits and relaying the findings to the Audit Committee
- Attend board reviews, challenge sessions and other exercises to support delivery of the function's accountability's.
- Analysis of business information to identify risks and key control strengths and weaknesses.
- Developing and communicating insights and messages effectively.
- Develop the financial and non-financial criteria to determine audit schedules
- Create and implement annual financial audit calendar for reviewing best policies and practice
- ACA / ACCA Qualified with the ability to run Audits from planning to completion is essential
- An awareness of Internal Audit
- The preferred candidates will have extensive SME in one or more of the areas of; Finance, Trading, Joint Ventures or Safety & Operational Risk.
- Able to work constructively with colleagues, demonstrating shared commitment to team success and respect for other people's cultures and perspectives
- Strong communication skills, ability to structure and summarise complex data to make it accessible to others
- Able to apply business judgement based on an understanding of the risks which impact the business and to spot relationships and connections in information from widely different unrelated sources
- Able to work under sustained pressure reflecting conflicting demands and responding to fast changing circumstances
- Be proactive in maintaining a high level of awareness of BP business and external activities that may impact upon audit.
- Internal Audit
- Global Company
- FTSE Listed
- Interim role
- Stepping stone into either a permanent Internal Audit Role or an in house Finance role
- Competitive daily rate
- City of London
- Energy/ Oil/ Mining/ Renewable
- Interim Internal Auditor