Job reference: MF-4321
Job title: Interim Infrastructure and Construction Manager
Location: North London
Job type: Full time 36 hours temporary 3 monthly rolling basis to complete project work
Working on behalf of a local authority we are looking for an Interim Infrastructure and Construction Manager to work on a three monthly rolling basis to cover project work.
To be the technical lead on Meridian Water inclusive of pre-construction work and delivery of infrastructure managing a team to deliver a range of projects. To manage a series of construction projects delivering meanwhile uses, employment and circa 10,000 homes. Each project will be delivered via development agreements with developers procured on a phase by phase basis. The successful candidate will also be required to work with the commercial project team to support the development of strategies, budgets and programmes. Seeking someone with demonstrable leadership skills, 15+ years experience, a relevant technical qualification, strong project management and team-building experience, proactive, well-organised, a good communicator and with good budget management skills. Experience working with Network Rail and Cadent would be a benefit.
- Responsible for the delivery of the Meridian Water strategic road network with an estimated works value of £80m
- Responsible for the delivery of the Meridian Water station working with Network Rail and other stakeholders
- Responsible for making the case for improvements to the rail service at Meridian Water including a new rail track
- Responsible for remediation, environmental works, utilities, infrastructure works and contractor liaison on Meridian Water
- Responsible for managing the relocation of a pressure reduction station on the first phase including liaison with stakeholders
- Responsible for transport planning
- Responsible for providing technical input into planning applications and masterplans
- Responsible for management of at least 35 hectares of land, including site security, and management of rental income inclusive of capital works to both increase revenues and help establish the Meridian Water brand
- Responsible for land acquisition including CPO strategy
- Responsible for a Construction Manager and Land Manager in addition to circa 5 staff below them
- Responsible for a 167 housing unit development on Council land where a developer is already on site; responsible for management of the project manager
- Responsible for capital budget of circa £200m and revenue budget of circa £5m
For immediate start. Temporary Rate: £550 per day ltd/umbrella - IR35 status at this stage is undetermined.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job