Based within the Fundraising Team and working closely with Finance, the post holder will ensure the efficient and effective processing of income from supporters and provision of excellent donor care.
A Childrens Charity in Central London, offering 3-6 months home working
· Processing and posting all income (i.e. cheques, postal orders, cash, CAF, Charities Trust vouchers) onto the ThankQ database, ensuring that all income information is kept up to date and within timescales set
· Administer and write thank you letters and emails to supporters ensuring that all donors are given the opportunity to make their donation tax effective, where appropriate, by sending out 'Gift Aid Asks' and follow up with reminder emails when Declarations not returned, following agreed processes.
· Set up and amend Gift-Aid Declarations on the supporter database (oral and written) as necessary whilst ensuring that accurate records are kept in accordance with the gift aid procedures and the Inland Revenue's requirements in this area.
· Be responsible for receiving donations over the telephone by Credit/Debit cards - displaying excellent customer care skills at all times.
· Communicate with donors, supporters and internal people to resolve all queries in a patient and sympathetic manner, promptly and courteously whilst displaying excellent customer care skills at all times.
· All communications with supporters and donors to be accurately recorded on the ThankQ database following agreed procedures.
· Follow agreed processes for coding all income accurately including restricted income.
· Carry out donation processing and administration duties for CAF.
· Download and reconcile weekly reports from JG and VMG and prepare for importing donations accurately onto the supporter database
· Download and reconcile monthly reports from CAF, Charities Trust & Charitable Giving and prepare for importing payroll giving donations onto supporter database. All to meet month end and team timescales.
· Prepare, reconcile and import relevant files from online giving platforms (JG, VMG, Much Loved, etc) and other sources (credit card, direct debit, standing orders, cheques and cash) into ThankQ within agreed schedules.
· Add and amend details within the supporter database, follow data protection, data maintenance, PCI compliance and data collection procedures.
· Maintain the security and confidentiality of individual details as required at all times.
· Follow agreed processes for filing, storing and destroying paperwork.
· Follow the agreed process for complaint handling. Reporting any problems as and when they arise.
· Complete other Supporter Care duties as required by the Senior Fundraising & Events Coordinator
- An understanding of the charity sector and charity income streams
- Substantial experience of working with databases and experience of producing reports, statistics and analysis
- Experience of monitoring and maintaining recording systems and procedures
- Experience of using a range of IT packages including ThankQ (or Raisers Edge) & MS Office (word processing, spreadsheets and databases
£14-15ph & Working from Home
- Gift Aid
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'