Our client requires a readily available HR Assistant to work from its Swansea based Head Office and commit to a 6 month contract which can be extended if needed. Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to problem solve, multi-task and re-prioritise this post will report to the HR Manager.
The successful candidate will be confident in assisting with absence management, recruitment, staff development, HR databases and all aspects of administration associated with HR. You will possess previous experience of working in a HR Team and have a good understanding of the principles of good HR practice. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with wide range/level of customers will be important.
A sound knowledge of administering and working with HR systems and processes including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications will be advantageous.
Main Duties & Responsiblities
- Providing routine advice and support to managers, employees and other stakeholders on HR policy, procedures and terms and conditions of employment.
- Working within appropriate legislation, good practice guidance and relevant policies and procedures.
- Adhering to the principles of data protection and confidentiality, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies.
- Delivering a first class candidate experience by ensuring recruitment processes are well-operated and contributing to their regular review.
- Coordinating recruitment campaigns to ensure a timely process, and be responsible for publishing adverts, with guidance as appropriate.
- Ensuring that all relevant pre-employment screening checks are carried out, and any issues/concerns are escalated in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Processing HR transactions in accordance with legislation and policy, including issuing employment contracts and contract variations to meet relevant deadlines.
- Preparing monthly payroll changes and administration of various pension/employee benefits schemes, within agreed timescales and processes.
- Monitoring absences to ensure records are accurately maintained and reported and sick pay is administered in a timely manner. Working with managers to ensure absence reviews are carried out in accordance with our policy.
- Maintaining a range of systems to enable the monitoring, recording and reporting on a range of data. Producing routine and ad hoc reports, ensuring accuracy and validity of the information provided to the business and wider HR team.
- Supporting HR Manager with note taking in a range of meetings as required.
- Responsible for the production of the staff development training calendar, including administration such as booking rooms, sourcing trainers, overseeing delegate lists.
- Lead on HR databases, ensuring accurate information and development of systems.
- Sickness Absence Management
- HR database
- HR Adminstration
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'