Job reference: MF-4318
Job title: Interim Head of Service (Adult Social Care)
Location: East London
Job type: Temporary 3 monthly rolling basis to cover as post is recruited permanently. Full time hours 36 hour working week.
My client a local authority are looking to recruit an Interim Head of Service (Adult Social Care). The key purpose of the role is to lead the operational management of a Reablement Service with the requirement to be responsible for delivery of a rapid improvement programme to turn around an inadequate service and ensure statutory and regulatory compliance within the exacting timeframes prescribed by CQC. Applicants need to be immediately available to start.
- To lead, plan, develop and deliver an expert professional service within the relevant service area.
- To support the development, management and delivery of Council services.
- Manage staff responsible for service delivery / support within the service area.
- To ensure the Council maximises service outcomes in relation to cost.
- A proven record of successfully providing operational leadership and management of the direct provision of high quality services.
- Experience of budget monitoring and management.
- Proven track record of developing a service to meet the diverse needs of the community.
- Experience of developing effective partnerships with statutory agencies and voluntary organisations.
- Demonstrable track record of working in conjunction with Members and/or senior managers and partners and service users in order to achieve service improvement.
- Experience of leading & contributing at an operational level in delivering service improvement.
- Experience of being accountable for managing the performance of people and management systems
- Experience of operating within the Care Act 2014 and other legislative framework concerned with adults and older people.
- Ensuring compliance of organisation policies and procedures.
- Experience of leading & managing projects and contracts successfully and being responsible for commissioning and procurement.
- Experience of leading culture change within an organisation.
- Experience of successfully influencing and an organisations practice and outcomes.
- Knowledge of statutory framework for the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Ability to deliver presentations or contributing to seminars or training events
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and promoting equality.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop staff to achieve organisation priorities
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification (CSQW, Dip SW, equivalent degree level or equivalent qualification in Social Work or Occupational Therapy)
- Registered with HCPC as a social worker or occupational therapist
- Substantial Continuing Professional Development
Temporary rate: from £500 per day Ltd/umbrella -falls inside scope of IR35