Allen Lane is recruiting an Interim Head of Internal Audit for a high profile Local Authority based in Central London. This is a key role in delivering an efficient, effective and comprehensive internal audit service across the authority, including cross cutting pieces of work.
You will play a key role in identifying, planning, conducting and reporting the results of audits and reviews evaluating the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes and contribute as required to the developing role of Assurance, especially in identifying first and second lines of defence against risk.
In achieving the purpose the Manager is expected to:
- Work closely with areas of the Council to understand the work of their departments and assist in identifying how their key risks are appropriately controlled
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality risk based audits that identify gaps in the way risks are mitigated and make value adding recommendations to improve the Council’s control framework
- Ensure that the service is delivered in accordance with agreed professional audit standards (i.e. Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS)), codes of conduct and core council values.
- Ensure that the function acts as a critical friend to the Council and provides challenges in order to continuously improve its response to risks to improve controls and identify process improvements.
- Provide professional advice to senior stakeholders as part of internal audit’s advisory function.
As such, the key personal specification includes;
- Full audit accreditation (either CMIIA or CCAB)
- Demonstrable experience within an Internal Audit role previously, ideally within Local Government
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
If you can display the above aptitudes and characteristics we would love to hear from you. Please note that applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.