A FTSE 250 Retail and Leisure business undergoing significant change and transformation projects is currently looking to appoint an Interim Head of Group Reporting to take ownership of all areas of group finance.
Working on a day to day basis the Divisional Directors, Group Finance Controller and several other divisional and regional business directors. This is an extremely exciting yet challenging role to lead financial reporting for a leader within its market.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Day to day management of a global division, including implementing internal controls and ensuring exceptional financial reporting processes.
- Lead and deliver the design and implementation of finance processes to support a more efficient and automated process.
- A key contact for annual audit and responsible for completion of annual statutory accounts.
- Ensure timely reporting for all significant accounting transactions, implementation of relevant accounting standards, preparation of technical accounting memos to support all accounting positions.
- Interact frequently with senior leadership to support on technical accounting implications
- Support to the business and finance team to ensure that the plans for the business are robust, achievable and clearly presented to management.
- Taking ownership of financial control for adhoc projects
You will be a qualified accountant (Ideally from Big 4) with a strong technical accounting skill set. You will have team management experience and the gravitas to liaise with senior stakeholders across the business.
This role suits a real self-starter who is comfortable and experienced with regular interaction with senior stakeholders both internal and external.