A senior level, varied position to lead and direct the delivery of financial support and services. A substantial part of the role will be to ensure strong relationships are forged with internal and external stakeholders up to board level, as well as being a leader and mentor to a team of reports.
Our client are a large Telecoms organisation and leader within their field.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering financial support and services to the organisation
- Establishing and maintaining robust financial controls to cover the processes adopted within the Finance function and/or business unit
- Supporting the implementation of strategy for defined business area (central or business unit)
- Effective management of financial transaction processes
- Management and production of appropriate financial reporting
- Management of and robust input into elements of the Group financial planning processes
- Supporting, challenging and partnering with business leaders to ensure effective financial decision making
- Managing a team of 6 - 8 reports on a day to day basis
- Collaborating with the business to ensure that financial processes and systems are fit for purpose and improved continually
- Developing, delivering and managing financial initiatives and continuous improvement across the division/business unit
- Managing relationships with external stakeholders
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with 10+ years' post qualified experience
- Be educated to degree level
- Have prior experience operating at a senior level within the Telecoms, Media, Technology (or comparable) sector
- Possess strong commercial acumen and highly developed analytical skills
- Demonstrate outstanding success and leadership qualities in managing both major project finances and also in managing and mentoring a team
- Possess excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be available to start immediately or within a maximum of 4 weeks
Our client are offering the opportunity to join their market leading organisation with a prompt start date at a competitive daily rate. The role is expected to last for approximately 6 months.