This is a really exciting opportunity for an Interim Group Finance Manager to join a large FTSE250 retail company that has recently undertaken a significant acquisition in the US. The role is a Group Finance Manager who will play an integral part in the integration and acquisition. The role is a 15 month contract and they need someone who can start in the next month.
The responsibilities of the Group Finance Manager will include assistance in the preparation of monthly Group management accounts, preparation of the interim and year end annual report, project management of the interim and year end reporting working closely with the Company Secretary, local Finance Directors across nine countries and the Group auditors, KPMG as well as drafting of accounting technical papers for the Board and Audit Committee. The role will also involve working on a number of exciting specific projects which have been outlined below.
- Acquisition accounting - specifically purchase price adjustments for recent US acquisition
- US GAAP to IFRS accounting
- Consolidation into the US acquisition into the Group monthly, interim and year end reporting
- IFRS16 transition
- Functional currency changeover
- Assistance on UK company statutory accounts preparation
- ACA qualified (pre 2014)
- Ideally Big 4 trained with an audit background
- Commercial experience preferable
- Knowledge of US GAAP (but not essential)
- Strong project management skills