Working in central London for this Projects based business, we are looking for an Interim Financial Controller to cover maternity leave.
Reference No: HT14610
Interim Financial Controller - About The Role
We are looking for an Interim Financial Controller that can join this PFI project based business within their Renewable Energy Projects division.
Based from the businesses central London office, in the City of London, you will be covering Maternity leave for a period of 9 Months, until the end of January 2019.
As the Interim Financial Controller, you will be focused on the management and development of a team of 7/8 staff and you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all contract compliance and documentation are in place
- Oversee the timely delivery of the team’s activities
- Review the Management Accounts, Monthly Audit Files, VAT Returns, CIS Returns and other reports prepared by the team
- Provide instruction to the monthly accounting processes
- Prepare and review Statutory Accounts
- Provide adequate cover for all aspects of the team, ensuring continuity of project output
The successful Interim Financial Controller will be available to start in May 2018 and commit until the end of January 2019, plus you will have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
- Hold a full accountancy qualification with some post qualified experience (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of Managing a small team
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to influence and present to all levels of staff
- Experience of a Projects, PFI or Renewable Energy sector would be highly desirable but not essential
- Strong working knowledge of financial management
Interim financial Controller - Benefits
As this is a Fixed Term Contract for 9 Month, you will be working on the company’s payroll and will be entitled to pro-rata benefits including holiday allowance, Pension, Healthcare and Bonus potential.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)