Temporary Financial Accountant role, 2 - 3 months, Coventry, well known charitable organisation, £30,000 equivalent.
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are working on behalf of this well known charitable organisation, to recruit a 2 - 3 month Accountant. You will support the Financial Controller by producing weekly and monthly reports to ensure that management have the information needed to run the organisation profitably and efficiently. These reports will enable management to take good business and investment decisions.
Your new role
Key responsibilities include:
- Collate budget on a tight timescale, including departmental budget up to group budget (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow forecast, capex budget)
- Work with departmental budget managers and exec in producing a reliable budget
- Assisting with production of monthly management accounts
- Assist with month end reconciliation of control accounts
- To produce detailed budgets and reports on direct labour plans and usage to highlight areas for improvement
- Assist with production of daily KPIs
- Work closely and constructively with all budget holders and executive team members to ensure timely and accurate management information is available
- To participate and support in the monthly reporting cycle to the Finance Committee and as necessary the Trustees
- To work with the management accountant to ensure the finance processes have the information needed for excellent reporting and audit processes
- Assist with the maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns
What you'll need to succeed
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Experience of budget process/development
- Excellent Excel skills and generally good IT skills
- Team player - will need to work proactively with other members of staff from other teams
- IT confident in MS Office, Internet and accountancy packages, Sage 200 desirable
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive an hourly rate equivalent to £30,000, plus the potential opportunity to go permanent in the future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'