INTERIM FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Contract Type: Full time contract 9 to 12 months
Location: Cressex Park - High Wycombe
This role has overall responsibility for maintaining the Central System fixed asset register, consolidating the group fixed asset reporting schedules and reporting on fixed assets (including monthly movements and cash flows, divisional breakdowns, budget and forecast depreciation calculations and the incorporation of acquisitions). The role requires good attention to detail and the ability to work well with colleagues across the business. The successful candidate should have excellent Microsoft Excel and technical accounting knowledge and the ability to clearly define business processes and communicate them to ensure compliance across the wider business.
1. Monitor fixed asset additions, disposals and transfers processed each period to ensure transactions are correctly authorised before processing.
2. Maintain the accuracy of the fixed asset register held on the Central System, through timely capitalisation of assets and processing of authorised transfer and disposal forms.
3. Close the Central System fixed asset register each month end and ensure that depreciation is posted in line with deadlines.
4. Reconcile the group trial balance to the Central System, landfill and Navision fixed asset registers.
5. Prepare the group fixed asset movement schedule and provide to the Senior Financial Accountant for the preparation of a group reporting pack and group cash flow, and the statutory accounts team for preparation of the group statutory accounts and entity accounts.
6. Prepare a schedule to report group divisional fixed assets.
7. Prepare group CAPEX additions and CAPEX cash flow statements.
8. Prepare consolidated depreciation projections for the budget and forecast.
9. Manage an annual review programme of all asset registers held on the Central System.
10. Support operations in managing and controlling capital expenditure by providing details of CAPEX additions, lease drawdowns and CAPEX cash flow by division and sub division.
11. Support other departments as required, including Corporate Finance, Financial Accounts, Management Accounts, Tax, Property and Operations.
12. Review assets acquired through acquisitions, calculate fair value adjustments for differences in policies and ensure accurate additions to the fixed asset system.
NATURE AND SCOPE
· Timescales applicable to the role include period end reporting, interim reporting, year-end reporting and provision of data for the annual budgeting process, which begins in November and the subsequent forecasting process throughout the year.
· A good understanding of International Accounting Standards (IAS) is required, in particular IAS 16 Property Plant and Equipment, IAS 38 Intangible Assets, IAS 36 Impairments and IAS 17 Leases.
· Essential qualifications for the role would be a part qualified CIMA or ACCA with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
· The role requires a high level of autonomy and the ability to plan and prioritise tasks efficiently to meet tight deadlines. The candidate must be able to identify issues and implement a solution or escalate to senior management where necessary.
· The role requires a strong working relationship and good communication with management accounts and financial accounts, in particular the lease accountant. Good communication skills are also needed for liaison with senior management and external auditors during the half-year and year-end audit.
· The key complexities and challenges of the role consist of:
o Working with a wide variety of asset types and fixed asset data that is provided in different formats from 3 different sources (Central System, Navision and Landfill RAGE fixed assets).
o Working in a capital intense business.
o The need to provide capital additions and cash flow for each division and sub division that can be analysed to individual and capital authority level.
o Ensuring operations comply with group policy when acquiring fixed assets.
· Key internal and external contacts include:
o Finance Director
o Divisional Directors
o Corporate Finance
o Financial Accounts
o Management Accounts
o Management and operational staff across all locations
o Property Department
o Credit Control
o External Auditors
Education: Part qualified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'