We are looking for Experienced Finance Manager for an Interim 4 months contract to support with additional workload with merge of two organisations within housing. Role based at South Bank, London SE1
Ideal candidate will have experience as an auditor in a professional service firm, managing teams and processes, coordinating tasks and providing technical advice.
Purpose of the role:
To manage the day to day operations and development of the Finance team by setting, reviewing, monitoring and improving the targets and activities carried out thereby ensuring that business objectives are met and a high standard of financial information and data quality is maintained.
The roles provides full time hours, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm; there is flexibility to start between 8am and 9.30.
Weekly hours: 35 + overtime - couple of evening a week; candidates must be flexible to cover this
Candidates are required to be flexible to cover overtime evening work - couple of evenings a week
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Understanding of applicable regulatory frameworks
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
CCAB qualified accountant with minimum 2 years PQE (post qualification experience).
The new organisation will be a significantly larger, more diverse organisation, employing over 3,000 people. This is a challenging management role, part of a growing business and adding significant value by providing leadership, development and support to employees across the new organisation. The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships within the Finance team and with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Deliver accurate, timely and high quality management reporting, audit schedules and statutory accounting notes for the group and its subsidiaries, ensuring all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Establish and monitor controls to ensure high data quality, accurate ledgers and compliance with the company financial and operating regulations.
- Advise and support the business in decision making to ensure strategic aims are realised, producing narrative and commentary reports for the Executive Team, Committees and Boards as required.
- Lead on finance projects ensuring efficient and value-add delivery on time and within scope.
- Continually review and improve systems and processes, including month-end reporting and accounting processes, working in a collaborative manner across teams and departments and maintaining a positive approach to change at all times.
- To effectively and proactively lead, manage and motivate the team ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual improvement.
- To recruit, manage and appraise employees thereby ensuring the provision of an effective, efficient and well-motivated team.
- To establish and implement effective working arrangements & practices to ensure a consistent level of service delivery in line with the business plan.
- To monitor and review the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to.
- To prepare, monitor and deliver individual and team targets/budgets in line with the business plan.
- To ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To externally represent and promote effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
- To follow Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
- To carry out any other duties and to deputise for the Head of Finance as required.
- Finance Manager
- Management Reporting