Our client - a large public sector organisation - is looking for an interim Finance Manager on an ongoing basis
A well known, growing public sector organisation
The role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Providing interim support to the Finance Director
- The role will be supporting the team's core accounting function by providing robust and accurate information and analysis.
- Managing designated budgets
- Liaising with Budget Holders
- Supporting the monthly reporting process
- Assisting in delivering financial returns
- Staff management
- Ad hoc tasks
The successful candidate will:
- Be fully qualified
- Experience of working within the NHS is a pre-requisite for the role
- Have a broad knowledge of NHS financial framework.
- Have an understanding of the Financial Reporting regulatory guidance for the NHS in Scotland
- Have the ability to meet deadlines, prioritise multiple strands of work and work under pressure.
- Be approachable, understanding and consistent in dealings with staff.
- Have excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Have competent IT skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Have the ability to present and explain numerical data and finance issues to non finance staff.
- Have developed people skills.
- Have excellent Negotiation and Influencing abilities, when in discussion with experienced clinicians and managers across the NHS and industry.
A competitive interim salary