Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently looking to recruit a commercially and technically minded Interim Finance Manager into a manufacturing business based in Northampton. This role is available due to an upcoming period of maternity leave, and will suit someone who is seeking a lengthy role where although interim will still have the opportunity to add value to the business and support the FD in making improvements to drive profitability. The role will ideally start around the end of Feb/start of March 2018 and will initially be for a period of 12 months. Due to current growth plans this could extend to 18 months. Working with the FD the post holder will look at ways of improving the existing processes and accuracy of reporting. You will manage a small team and will also support them in their development and studies.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in all areas of the business and be part of a great working environment where people are valued and given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The successful Interim Finance Manager will be working for a highly profitable manufacturing business who T/O approx. £40 million operating across various revenue streams. The company are going through an exciting period of growth and a positive, down to earth attitude coupled with a sense of humour is key to the success of this appointment. This role will give the Interim Finance Manager exposure to a very interesting business and have great exposure to the senior stakeholder group.
As the Interim Finance Manager, you will have full ownership of the numbers and will manage the Finance team, focusing on developing and improving the reporting of business performance as well as the following:
- Manage a team of 4 and develop and nurture them to deliver accurate and timely information
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts including variance analysis to budget and forecast
- Provide commentary for the figures and any variances to budgets or forecasts
- Ensure accurate reporting is completed on time for decision making purposes
- Ensure the month end close process is smooth
- Work closely with Operations and assisting with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Production and improvement of various daily, weekly and monthly MI reporting
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Identify opportunities to improve the accounting processes and be able to challenge existing ways of doing things
- To get involved in a variety of Projects including systems improvement
As the successful Interim Finance Manager, you will be:
- A fully Qualified Accountant.
- Manufacturing background would be advantageous.
- Previous management experience with the ability to coach and support a small team is ideal.
- Able to work closely and build relationships with people including non-finance.
- A strong and proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Interim Finance Manager:
- Salary of £48-£55k on a fixed term basis.