This is a fantastic opportunity for Finance Manager for an international Pharmaceutical company based in Central London. This is a very hands on role with 1 direct report. The role also has the potential to go permanent further down the line.
The role supports the Finance & Business Services Director ensuring smooth operation of the finance function and delivery of functional and corporate objectives. The Finance Manager is expected to apply accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyse financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Manage the month end closure and financial reporting cycle in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise book-keeping, payment administration, cash flow management, credit control and expense processing.
- Prepare management accounts and reports, including analysis and review of results with respective budget holders to deliver optimal financial performance and funds management. Support other departments providing them with financial information and analysis.
- Coordinate and manage annual budgeting process and forecast 1/2/3 activities
- Prepare regulatory and statutory reports as required and when they fall due. Prepare VAT returns, PPRS Declarations & returns. Support preparation of Corporation Tax returns and Transfer Pricing documentation.
- Support development of Product P&Ls and Corporate P&Ls including long term forecasts.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and process changes.
- Support and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and controls.
- Take full responsibility for the line management of the Finance Officer, ensuring they achieve their role objective through engaging in analysis, goal and target setting and monitoring of performance.
- Mentor the Finance Officer to develop their knowledge.