A FTSE listed technology business in Central London is looking for a Interim Finance Manager to join their team for 3-6 months.
- Support the Director to ensure that the actual financial and operational results of the BU are provided to the BU management team on an accurate and timely basis together with a concise, action orientated, business focused commentary.
- Support the VP Finance to ensure that the BU has in place an up to date, high quality full year forecast that reflects all relevant material issues and business plans, is prepared on a timely basis, shows the road map by which the required full year results will be delivered and which is owned by BU line management.
- Support the VP Finance to ensure that the BU has in place a high quality Annual Business Plan and Budget that reflects all relevant material issues and business plans, is consistent with and delivers the results required by the Long Range Business Plan for the BU and Group, is prepared on a timely basis and is owned by BU line management.
- Support the VP Finance to ensure that the BU has in place a high quality Long Range Business Plan that reflects all relevant material issues and business plans, is consistent with and delivers the results required by the Group, is prepared on a timely basis and is owned by BU line management.
- Support the VP Finance to proactively and reactively provide ad hoc financial and operational analysis and advice that will help the BU President and their management team to deliver optimal operational performance through high quality strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Be proactively involved in preparation for all BU business cases, taking a lead or support role as necessary but always ensuring that concise high quality business case is prepared in support of all major business decisions. Together with the VP Finance, ensure that the actual financial return all projects is monitored against the originally planned outcome and that necessary action is taken accordingly.
- To systematically and objectively review the performance of the business both actual and forecast, working with the VP Finance to ensure that all material issues and opportunities are promptly identified and addressed.
- To play a proactive, catalytic, business and action orientated role in the BU, by supporting the VP Finance to efficiently deliver the best medium term financial and operational results possible from the BU.
- Support the VP Finance to proactively provide constructive, high quality commercially focused financial advice to the BU President and the BU leadership team in support of the BU goals and performance.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Graduate with professional accounting qualification or equivalent
- Four to seven years of progressive experience in accounting, financial modelling and analysis within quality companies. At least half of the time should have been spent in commercial finance roles.
- Superior analytical skills coupled with good strategic business understanding leading to key business insight.
- Creative problem solver and decision maker.
- Ability to draw high quality analysis out of the results that drive decisions in the BU.
- Strong people skills, confident and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment at all levels. Strong verbal and written communications skills
- A commercially astute Finance Manager, the candidate must be technically strong, and influential with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with passion for excellence and innovation.
- Proactive individual with the ability to effectively manage various projects while adhering to deadlines.
- Have a good appreciation of core best practice financial accounting standards, policies, processes and systems.
- Ability to travel and work across cultures and time zones.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience of SAP, Tableau and Adaptive Insights systems an advantage.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job