Interim Finance Director Part-Time
Your new role
To provide interim transformational leadership in all aspects of financial management and strategic development of a programme of change around income growth, organisational improvement including providing expert advice to the Senior Management Team and Corporation Board on finance, risk management and financial regulatory compliance. Responsible for the effective management of budgets and forecasting of financial trends, using concise analysis of performance data to advise how the Corporation should best allocate resources and determine financial risks.
- 6 month fixed-term contract
- Paying £85,000 (pro rata 0.6 contract)
- Flexibility on days you do each week
- Hybrid/ flexible remote working available
- 2 stage interview process starting asap
- Lead a programme of transformation to ensure the Finance Team is fit for purpose and appropriately resourced to be able to provide exemplary support
- Provide strong and effective leadership on the financial governance, audit and risk management obligations through the development of robust strategies to deliver statutory and regulatory objectives.
- As a member of SMT, to support effective governance and management through contributing to the development and implementation of robust planning, monitoring and review frameworks to underpin confidence in the leadership and management of its finances.
- Provide the Principal, Governors and Committees with timely, accurate, easily accessible and relevant financial and management information required for resource planning, financial allocation and strategic decision-making.
Provide strong and dynamic leadership in the development and finalisation of the deadline of the annual budget for 2023/24 and a further re-forecast for 2022/3.
- Provide subject expertise to Department Heads through the budget setting process, ensuring they are equipped with the knowledge to own their budgets in year
- Provide leadership in the implementation of wide risk management and audit frameworks, working effectively with internal and external audit.
- Lead procurement activity to ensure an effective use of funds, value for money and reduction in bureaucracy and costs.
Financial Statements and Statutory Compliance
Provide leadership in the preparation of the annual Statutory Financial Statements, accounts and appropriate audit field work.
- Ensure the business complies with all tax and financial reporting requirements, including VAT, Corporation Tax and PAYE
- Complete and submit operational returns/information and payments to HMRC, National Statistics Office and other government and regulatory bodies as required.
Management of the Finance Team:
- Line management of the Head of Finance ensuring that the probationary period is used effectively to gather skills necessary to succeed.
- Through the Head of Finance, monitor the performance of the Finance staff through the development of performance indicators and reviews.
Dealing with External Parties
- Lead the liason with the key finance stakeholders including internal and external auditors, bankers, funders, regulators.
- Respond to queries from the Governor lead for Finance and promote effective sharing of information with the Corporation.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership teams communicate effectively across the business and actively participate in relevant meetings
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Charles Maidment from the Hays Senior finance interim team. If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'