Responsible for the delivery through the new ERP system of the capability to account for and report on the infrastructure assets under construction (and other assets) and to meet a range of reporting requirements, both internal and external, and in particular capital budget reporting. The scope will include the interpretation and application of the organisations accounting policy to ensure the organisation maintains adequate auditable records throughout the construction period to inform the creation of completed infrastructure asset records at the end of construction.
The scope will include definition and development of appropriate interfaces of master and transactional data between the ERP and the asset register and the project cost management system (which are both outside ERP); and will provide for effective controls and reconciliation between the records to ensure they are identical. The scope of work will require coordination with project groups responsible for managing and/or developing other management systems to ensure that both ERP and the other systems, upon which ERP relies, are robust and fit for purpose in future.
In addition, the scope will require the capability to account for and report on all fixed assets which are not infrastructure assets and meet the requirements for project accounting and reporting from ERP. The scope will include consideration of leased assets embedded within commercial agreements in preparation for the introduction of IFRS 16:
The individual will be responsible to the ERP Finance Lead for leading all aspects of the development project in this functional scope area on behalf of the organisation
Qualification /Experience required
- You will be a qualified accountant who has strong experience of working in a project cycle /environment. You will have a high level of experience in Oracle or SAP
- Either leading the project or part of the project team and be aware this is not a monthly cycle but project cycle.
- You will have strong Infrastructure Asset experience and understand Asset and Project Accounting.
- You will have strong experience of setting up projects from an accounting angle ( structure, costs, reporting) and project methodology ( Documenting,
- Processes etc.)
- Experience of Capital budgeting reporting is crucial for this role.
- Prince 2 or ITIL is desirable but not essential.
What’s on offer?
£575 per day umbrella ( this is in scope) up to end October 2018